Thursday, April 05, 2007

10/19/07

Movie: Death of a President (2006)

Controversial fake documentary on the assassination of President George W. Bush, in Chicago on October 19th 2007. An intriguing concept this moderately well executed film is strongest when depicting the day of the assassination. I found I wanted a more fully developed sense of the world after such a definitive event then this movie gave me (espically in terms of what the public response would have been), but that may have well been beyond the scope intended and budget here available. That a Syrian was convicted on circumstantial evidence, while the father of a solder who died in Iraq was the more likely candidate to have committed the murder, seemed an overly easy narrative choice to me. Like last years CSA, I loved the concept of this mock-doc, but was perhaps inevitably disappointed by the finished product. Still I liked this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home