Saturday, December 30, 2006

Old Newhart Made New


A Review

I seldom watch or rent stand-up comedy, but I made an exception for the recent DVD release of Bob Newhart: Button Down Concert, a special the title comedian did for Showtime about a decade ago. The 'concernt' consistes of Mr. Newhart doing bits from his first two comedy albums, both released in the early-to-mid 1960's. I've heard most of the material before on Newharts 'Button Down Mind' album, but it was nice to see the bits performed just as they where when he toured with them so many years ago. Pluse Bob Newhart is probably my favorite living comedian, in fact I largely modeld my high school comic persona on his delivery, polite, subtle, and vaugley uncomfortabel with the world around him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home