Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Power of Consumer Society



So I bought a small black-and-white television yesterday. I don't need it, can't think of anything in particular to do with it, yet for some reason I bought it. It made sense at the time, and in fact I had been thinking of getting one for a little while when I saw it for $25 at a local Shopco. My work hours lately have been kind of skimpy and I think I just wanted that feeling of making a mid-level purchase (mid-level for my budget anyway). So now I have it, I'm not going to return it as it might be nice to have around and some point and I'm sure I'll figure out something to do with it. I guess I'm just a victim of American consumer culture plane and simple. You know something really should be done about the over-capitalization of our culture, I'll bet Dennis Kucinich has a plane.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Nate Dredge said...

You know it doubles as a radio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home