Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Worlds Oldest Living Person


Doing that post on Charles Lane got me thinking about incredibly old people, and I wondered to myself who the oldest person in the world might be today. Well with the aid of the always helpful internet I was able to discover that oldest known living person currently on the plant is 116 year old Maria Esther Capovilla of Ecuador. For those of you who might be interested the person with the longest verified life span was a French women named Jeanne Calment who died in 1997 at the age of 122. You just have to wonder what makes these people live so long?

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Nate Dredge said...

Note: There are 83 surviving World War 1 veterns left in the world. Two veterns have already died this year, both on January 11th.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jax said...

I can tell you with her, the longevity isn't due to where she's living if it's in the majority of the Ecuador I know and love! Maybe it's all the bananas she is sure to have eaten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home