Friday, December 16, 2005

John Spencer Dead At 58


Actor John Spencer who played Leo McGarry on The West Wing died this morning of a heart attack at the age of 58. Interestingly the Leo character suffered a sever heart attack at the beginning of the 6th season, which lead to his resignation from his high stress position as White House Chief of Staff. In the current storyline Leo was serving as vice-presidential runningmate to Texas Congressman Matt Santo (played by Jimmy Smitts), so obviously this will have to be dealt with on the show. Ironically in last weeks episode Leo made a crack about being worked to death by the campaign. I'm sure that a more proper obit will be coming on my blog in the near future for this award winning actor, I just wanted to post this because I was so shocked when I read the news mere minutes ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home