Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ode to Joy

A Movie Review



A friend of mine once described the movie Love Actually to me as Crash if it were a romantic comedy. I'd be hard pressed to provide a better little description of the film, everything else I can think of to describe it sounds like, well, blurbs of praise you'd put on the poster or DVD box. Love Actually is quite simply a joyous film, a celebration of all things love. There are about nine major stories going on throughout and you skip back and forth between them and over time see how many of them connect. There is so much going on in the film that I'm not even going to try and cover it, instead I refer you to this wikipedia entry, that is if you don't mind spoilers. But better yet just see the film and enjoy, it is deservidly rated R so know that going in, but the emotional core of the film as reveled in a roughly 35 minute end sequence set on Christmas eve is well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home