Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Coherent Plot is Missing


The Otto Preminger Centennial

Bunny Lake is Missing is a movie that just didn't work for me. This 1965 film about the disappearance of a four year old girl who might or might not be real, is alternately jarring and proddingly slow. With the exception of Sir. Laurence Olivier and Noel Coward the cast is made up of relative unknowns, the strongest of whom as a performer is Carol Lynley as Ann Lake. I've said before that for me Preminger films usually divide between the great and the horrible, and while Bunny is not the worst thing Preminger did (to me that would be The Man With The Golden Arm, though granted I've not seen any of his ill-reputed later work), it's still something I don't ever care to see again. Here is hopping that the upcomming remake with Reese Witherspoon is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home